Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Live / Work Space of Textile Queen Dana Barnes

Textile artist Dana Barnes in her studio at home. Inspiration lines the walls in the form of examples of traditional styles, ethnic pieces and textile samples.
 I posted this past weekend on the gorgeous work of Dana Barnes, a New York textile artist who lives with her work in an authentic SoHo loft. It just so happens that her living space is also a prime example of one of my favourite styles: Organic Glam maybe. I know there is probably a term, the design industry loves labels. I think for the Glam bit there needs to be a chandelier though. Either way, the photos of her rugs are mostly in her loft and I didn't post them all for the sake of brevity. Now I am trying to clean up my picture files, and I can't bring myself to delete such a gorgeous space without showing you the rest of these.


My favourite rug made by molding the felt over inverted bowls.

The gorgeous curtain was woven by a Japanese artist. Many of Dana's travels result in new pieces for the loft.
Gorgeous lamp and LOVE that egg stool. The rugs are pieces of her Souled Objects collection.

And a swing! I have lived with an indoor swing, and yes... it DOES get used! Probably her two daughters get some use out of it also :)
More rugs.

3 comments:

KillerB said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this!

andrea of ffft said...

I'm pretty certain that I could move right in here and be really happy. I have most of her space in my "some day" file for the home in the future. There is nothing in it that I don't absolutely adore...

Bedding and Comforters said...

wow, wonderful....